Thursday, 26 December 2013

Present, opened - notebooks

My plans to make everyone homemade gifts this year didn't quite come off, so I've only actually got two of these "present, opened" posts to do.  A bit of a last-minute make, I decided to have a go at making some fabric-covered notebooks.  Stationary always goes down well and most people can find a use for a notebook - at least I hope my mum, dad and granny can!
I took a couple of my favourite fabrics and got busy with the scissors and the double-sided tape.  There are about a zillion tutorials for how to do this on t'interweb, but most involved using "mod-podge" (is this PVA to us Brits?).  Potatoes, potatoes, mod podge, PVA whatever; I couldn't be bothered getting sticky so had a go with double-sided sticky tape.  Which was pretty easy really.
I added a ribbon and button for notebook closure...
Then an envelope in the back to store niff naff and trivia...
For my dad's notebook I went back to the machine embroidery and applique for a birdy book - a lovely lapwing.  No button and ribbon on this one...
The second present, opened post to follow (once i can get some good enough light to photograph the present!).

Kate xx

2 comments:

  1. Not sure exactly what Mod Podge is, but you can get it in Hobbycraft now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm going to have to get me some of it soon and have a go! I'll let you know how I get on. Did a little online research into it the other day and there are about a zillion different types to choose from!

      Delete