Friday, 18 October 2013

Chopsticks!

I popped into Fabricland today to get a little more fabric and some cord for more of the alphabet bunting I am making.  I was feeling oh-so-strong minded and really had no intention of buying anything other than the denim/calico I needed (although they no longer stock the exact same fabric I have used before which was a bit riling).  I didn't take so much as a glance at the cottons to see what was new, and by the time I was ready to pay I was rather pleased with my newfound fabric discipline.  Oh, PLH is going to be astounded, I thought.

But then, out of the corner of my eye, like that sneaky chocolate display right by the supermarket checkout, I caught a glimpse of these....
And these...
Sitting pretty in a rather uninspiring box of fat quarters and all packaged up like chopsticks.  Four fat quarters looking good enough to eat.  And for the bargain price of £3.50.  Yes, that's just three and a half of the Queen's finest pounds people...
I can even forgive the x-ing of sticks given the loveliness of the contents!
What a lovely gift they would make for any fan of the fabric this Christmas.  A self-confessed lover of the stripe, there was no way these were staying put...
And these starry numbers will be perfect for a little Christmas project i have in mind...
And if I can't bring myself to cut into these beauties we can always have a game of Mikado!
Kate x


No comments:

Post a Comment