Tuesday, 17 September 2013

Boxing clever...

Recently I stitched a few bibs for a couple of girly new arrivals.  As well as the bibs I made a blanket for one of them, using one of my favourite birdy fabrics.
Backed with super-soft minky fleece, I hope it will be lovely and cosy throughout the winter months (they live in Norway so it will need to be!).
 
I try to give presents some presence - pretty presentation can make otherwise ordinary contents sing, so I tend to hoard all kinds of packaging to reuse when giving gifts.  Boxes, bits of ribbon, paper - I stash them all!  I have a vast supply of outdated sea charts from my time on the ocean waves which make great wrapping paper. 

For these latest pressies I dug out an old box that contained a gift for the boy when he was born (a very cute "layette" of babygrow, socks and more).  A few strategically stuck bits of paper to cover the labels and make it more girly and ta-da....

Some contents and care labels on the back...
I just hope the contents live up to the packaging!
 
And here are the other bibs packaged up and ready for their recipient...

Kate x

No comments:

Post a Comment